Monday, July 28, 2008

DREAMS


I strolled upon a hillside,
I saw the sky of blue,
This and many more things
Reminded me of you.

Although you're far away
I'll not forget your love,
A gift of which you sent me
Upon a snow white dove.

The day was warm and beautiful,
A gentle day for sure,
The way I felt within my heart
Was all so light and pure.

I lay upon the hillside,
The grass was green and new,
I closed my eyes and saw your face,
And your eyes of blue.



I dreamt we walked along a stream
And watched it trickling by,
We watched the fish swim to and fro
And saw the eagles fly.

With God as our witness,
We pledged our love anew,
We promised each other with our hearts,
Forever to be true.

I then awoke to reality,
The day was almost through,
But I know within my heart
That some dreams do come true.

I strolled back down the hillside,
The moon was shining bright,
I know that when I go to bed
I'll dream of you tonight.

13 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful! I really like that one... :)

Moonshadow said...

Thank you, Anita! I'm glad you liked it.

Don Dousharm said...

Well written! The pictures fit beautifully with the poem. I really like your work. It inspires me to keep writing.

Thank You!

Unknown said...

Very sweet and peaceful. Beautiful pictures.

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

-Liane Schmidt.

Summer Edward said...

your poetry is so simple and pure, very refreshing!

Moonshadow said...

Oh My! I didn't realize it had been so long since I visited my comments here. I appreciate all who post their thoughts here, thank you.

Lars Shalom said...

thats cool

Moonshadow said...

Rabbi - Welcome and Thank You!

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Beautiful imagery. I'm glad I stopped by to read this lovely poem. You are one special person!!! Great pic too.

Cheers, JJ

Moonshadow said...

From one special person to another, Thank You, JJ! I always enjoy the thoughts and pictures you post on your blog also. The pictures were clipped from a video I took at a family reunion in Washington. Beautiful country.

Unknown said...

That is absolutely beautiful! A wonderful capturing of the bitter sweet feelings when someone you love is so far away . . . Breathtaking.

Moonshadow said...

Thank you, Lola. BTW, my grandmother's name was Lola. :)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Glorious and beautiful poetry and photos!

Wild wave! It's been awhile.

Cheers, JJ