Sunday, July 29, 2007

JUST FOR THEM


There are two people
I’d really like to show
Just how much I love them,
Even though they know.

They've been there in my troubled times,
Forever by my side,
Putting all their trust in me
Even though I've lied.

No matter what the problem was
They were always there,
And though they might not always agree,
They were always fair.

One of the people is my Mom,
The other one is my Dad,
They've been there through all I've done
No matter good or bad.

To tell them that I love them
Doesn't seem enough,
Because of all I've done,
They've had it kind of rough.

I know right and I know wrong,
I owe it all to them,
Because of how they raised me
I'm the person that I am.

If I were rich I'd buy for them
The things they've never had,
I'd buy the world of luxuries,
Just for my Mom and Dad.

But no money can buy the things
My parents have given to me,
I’m proud of them and who I am
And how they've taught me to be.

And so I sit and think, and think and write,
To find the perfect way,
To tell them that I love them
Each and every day.

So here’s my poem I dedicate
To the greatest people I know,
This is for you, Mom and Dad
To say I Love You so.

No comments: