Monday, October 8, 2007

FOUND

Where in these stars did I come from
Where in this world do I go?
Everyone say they have answers
To questions they never did know.

They tell me the laws of the universe
They tell me the laws of the land,
They tell me the things that must be so
But it's their words I don't understand.

You must be shrewd, you must be cold
To live on honey and walk on gold,
Hold your own and give to none
Wallow in the greed and hate you've spun.

Once in my youth I remember hearing
A wonderful, beautiful, loving story,
About a babe sent down from heaven
To walk on earth, the son of Glory.

He taught the laws of the universe
He taught the laws of the land,
He spoke with love and compassion
That everyone might understand.

He will tell me where I came from,
He can tell me where I'll go,
He has all of the answers
To the questions they never did know.

His name is Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior
Come to earth to help us all,
He will help me along my way
And pick me up if I should fall.

2 comments:

fija said...

very nice post
i love to read such a type of poems
thanks for share .

Moonshadow said...

Thank you for your comment, fija. I'm glad you enjoyed my poem. I hope you have checked some of my other poems also. I visited your blog, unfortunately I do not speak the language, it looks like it contained poems too.