Saturday, September 29, 2007

NOTHINGNESS

I listen, but do not hear.
I have sight, but cannot see.
I talk, but am unheard.
I touch, but cannot feel.
I am free, but am a prisoner of my mind.
There is light, but walls of darkness surround me.
I am alive, but do not live.
I am alone in a world full of people.
I walk, but only in circles.
I call, but no one answers.
I am human, but am treated like an animal.
I smile, but feel tears in my heart.
I seek love, but find only hate.
I write letters that no one ever receives;
I write poems that are never read;
I write songs which are never sung.
I reach out, but find no help.
I cry tears that are never felt.
I find happiness in dreams only.
I fight a lost battle that never was.
When I have the will I find not the way.
When I find the way all will has escaped.
I still write although it will remain unread.
I write in the hope that, someday, someway,
..........the blind, will see, the lame
..........will walk, the deaf will hear,
..........the dumb will speak, and the
..........innocent shall be set free.

2 comments:

Meghna said...

Hi Moonshadow,

A very touching poem indeed! Great writing style and fabulous expressions!

keep blogging!

http://meghnaspages.blogspot.com/

Moonshadow said...

Hi Megna!

Thanks for coming by!

"Nothingness" has always been one of my favorite compositions. I'm glad you liked it.